Debate is good. If you’ve got a well-thought-out opinion or observation, fire away.
Make sure to stick to these rules:
• No spam.
• No ad hominem attacks. Ideas are fair game, people aren’t.
• No threats.
• Be pithy, and relevant, and stay on track.
• Be careful with ironic and especially sarcastic statements. People can easily mistake sarcasm for your real opinion. Be mindful of Poe’s Law.
• Cite your sources where appropriate.
• Up to two web links in your comment are OK. You may link back to your own site if relevant, but we don’t like link farming and will delete posts from flagrant self-promoters.
• Your comments are currently not held for approval. Please don’t make us regret that.
• Not every comment or counter-comment requires a tit-for-tat discussion. It’s OK to let shit go.
• You agree to have your IP address logged when you post. We don’t harvest or compile your data and will never share or sell what we may learn about you.
• However, if you post something that’s legally actionable (for instance, a death threat, or a link to a child-porn site), all bets are off, and we may choose to notify the authorities.
• We’ll also have to respond to court subpoenas requesting identifying data; and even if we don’t want to, we may be legally obligated to comply with the request.
• We reserve the right to remove any comment that we consider to be over the line.
• We do not owe you an explanation if we delete your comment.
• Serial offenders will be banned.
• If you send us tips or suggestions and do not want to be credited in the resulting post, if any, please say so upfront. (We’re in the habit of crediting people, but we won’t like you any less if you’d rather remain anonymous.)
• We’ll keep the content of e-mail messages you send to us private, unless it’s clear from the context that you don’t expect us to.
• If you send us e-mail or any other form of communication that contains a threat of violence, or a death threat, we don’t guarantee anything. In that case, we may publish or otherwise share your message (for instance, with law enforcement officials), whether or not you want us to.
• Remember the golden rule.
Please e-mail us if there’s a problem: terryxfirma AT gmail DOT com.